Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Vegan Is a Female Version of a Hustla

I met a lot of vegans and vegetarians on my trip to Europe. I must admit that I find it very intriguing. Not only am I pro animal rights and eco-friendliness, I think vegetarianism is an inspiring test of willpower and dedication, especially in a foreign country. Imagine trying to explain to a Greek waiter through mime "no animals" only for him to bring you a heaping plate of fried calamari. 

In the past I had considered myself too much a lover of meat to ever survive on vegetables, grains, and legumes alone. In my fat years, I used to get the one pound burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger, eat the entire thing, and immediately contemplate my next four-legged victim. But now I'm pretty used to not eating the things I want to eat (duck fat and rare steaks) so I'm thinking I might be able to do it.

I told my mother I was considering going vegetarian for one month and she laughed in my face. Initially, I was insulted but then she told me that she doesn't think I can be vegetarian because I'm way too skinny and she's worried I might die.

Love my mummy.

***

Pasta Primavera

Four Zucchini
Thee Bell Peppers
Two Cups String Beans
One Box of Farfalle/Penne
Garlic
Olive Oil
Oregano
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt/Pepper

Break down all the vegetables into bite size pieces. After cubing the zucchini, slicing the peppers, and snipping the ends of the green beans, I decided they were still too big so I cut everything in half once more. The picture shows everything before I made the second cut. Apparently, I was too retarded to take a second pic.
 

Season everything with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Grill each of the three vegetables individually for 10-15 minutes or until slightly charred and cooked through.


In a pot of salted water. cook one box of penne/farfalle. I had half a box of each so I just threw it all together. In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes and a tablespoon of fresh oregano. Toss in the cooked pasta and season with salt and pepper.

I served the dish with all the elements separate so people can pick and choose which vegetables they like best to go with their pasta. I like how I say "people" and "pick" as if I didn't eat this entire thing all by myself with reckless abandon.

***

So in the course of writing this entry I decided that I'm not going to become a vegetarian. I think I'm gonna go eat a lambchop wrapped in bacon now. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment